Saturday, June 9, 2007

Kamakura

My last weekend in Japan was spent hiking the trails around Kamakura - getting more Goshuin for my book and visting "Great Buddha". Beautiful day, I picked up some pretty cool gifts for friends too.

I got up early to head out before the crowds, alas.. I wasn't early enough but I still had a great time and saw four temples and shrines, including the most famous - Kamakura "Daibutsu" or "Great Buddha".

Sign posted on the hiking path.


I like signs...


Wow, I remember seeing this in that old film "around the world in 80 days" but, I never saw it up close in person until now. It's amazing.


Just to prove I was really there...no, i didn't get the Great Buddha pics from google or wikipedia.


I also found out that the "God of Happiness" was waiting to see me....now that was a facinating conversation.

No comments: