Sunday, April 1, 2007

Ready to Ride Again!

After riding 140km to Mt. Takao I was very excited to do it again.


Last week I was so excited to ride to Mt. Takao and then Mt. Jinba it was cold and windy, in fact if your were walking the wind with move you an entire foot (if you're little). Little people like me on a super light road bikes don't get along well with the wind.

The first crash was due to a fellow cyclist stopping suddenly while a car was coming our way on a narrow, one way street and he was also trying to avoid a water bottle that had been blow out of its cage. Did I say windy? Well, I tried to avoid crashing into him so I went left...since there was a car to the right and went tumbling down the slope fell onto my backside (thank god for the padding) and my right knee.

Not so bad but big bruises all over - no bleeding, moving on...

Second crash was 5k after that...still windy and coming down hill along a narrow path with gravel on either side, as I came down the hill my tire caught the wind and slipped on the gravel blown on paved path and then I fly off the bike again...this time I land on my upper body skidding the arm and landing mostly on the shoulder another a nasty bruise...ouch!


Were only 5k from the JR Takao train station and decided to bail, a little shaky after the two crashes and I think I'm lucky I didn't break anything. Riding downhill at 50km + and feeling shaky is another recipe for an accident so I took the train, bagged up my bike and came into Tokyo station and rode the 3km ride to my apartment.

Today, with bruises healed....I'm ready to do it again.



No comments: